Tooth Extractions from Dental Urgent Care
If you need to have a tooth extracted, you don't want to wait days or weeks to take care of the problem. Pain may already be unmanageable, so you need to find an emergency dentist that can quickly take care of the problem. At Dental Urgent Care, we offer affordable walk-in car for anyone in need of a tooth removal. Best of all, our prices are are affordable, so you can get the care you need for far less money than at other local dentists.
Every dentist that practices at our clinic receives ongoing training to stay abreast of current advancements in the dental industry. Out tooth extraction specialists always use state-of-the-art equipment and the most modern techniques to ensure you get top quality care. Our focus is to take care of your tooth in an environment that is clean, comfortable, and inviting.
At Dental Urgent Care, we proudly accept cash and all major credit cards. We will provide you with a receipt that you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. We also offer Credit Care financing, so you don't have to wait to care of any dental emergency.
Contact us today and schedule an appointment for your tooth extraction. We can get you in quickly and take care of the removal so that you can go back to your daily routine. At Dental Urgent Care, your smile is our business
Tooth removal from professional urgent care dentists
- Get your tooth extracted quickly and enjoy walk-in service.
- We accept all major credit cards and cash – financing available.
- Our urgent dental care clinic was designed with patient comfort in mind.
- Have confidence in the medical professional performing your extraction and the materials going into your mouth.
- We offer comprehensive urgent dental care.
Getting any dental work done is expensive, and wait times for an appointment are often outrageous. You can get a tooth extracted without the long wait, and at an affordable price,at our Lake Havasu emergency dental clinic.
There are a number of benefits to scheduling your next urgent dental care appointment with Dental Urgent Care, including:
- Virtually no wait time for extractions and walk-in service
- Conveniently located in Lake Havasu
- We accept all major credit cards and cash
- We provide you with a receipt for all dental work, including extractions
- You can trust in the quality of your dental work
Why Choose Dental Urgent Care for a Tooth Extraction
An exam done by a dentist with the help of X-rays can tell you what you need to know about every tooth, their health, and their future. At Dental Urgent Care, we value your time and your dollar, as well as provide the technology and skill to care for you with efficiency and comfort. When you come to Dental Urgent Care, you receive a panoramic X-ray, which shows the upper and lower jaw, from ear to ear, to show all teeth, bone structure, and sinuses. A dentist can study the X-ray for signs of bone loss, decay, infection, and more.
Sometimes, patients choose tooth extractions over other types of restorations due to cost or personal preference. At Dental Urgent Care, we will provide you with all treatment types before a tooth extraction is considered. Sometimes, an a tooth removal is the best option.
Teeth need to be extracted due to the inability to save the tooth, which means all different types of restorations (such as root canals, crowns, fillings) will not fix the problem area.
A tooth needs to be extracted due to any of these reasons:
- Dental caries (cavities) that are too extreme for fillings, root canals, or crowns. This is considered “Deep Decay.”
- Failed endodontics (failed root canal)
- 3rd molars (wisdom teeth) or crowding of adjacent teeth that affects bite, comfort, and alignment of teeth
- Infection of the tooth or area of the mouth that extends deep into the pulp of the tooth
- Periodontitis – gum disease – which may cause inflammation or recession of the gums surrounding affected teeth, which causes your teeth to appear lengthened. In severe cases, this is a cause for tooth extraction
- Trauma to the tooth, such as root fracture, breaks, or dislodgment, that leaves it in poor condition and can’t be restored
- Loss of bone structure in the upper or lower jaw that causes a tooth to be loose
A tooth extraction can vary in complexity, but overall is a procedure that is done everyday in dental offices. The dentists at our facilities are quick, gentle, and skilled. The idea of pain associated with a tooth removal should not hinder you from getting an extraction performed because the dentists, hygienists, and assistants at our facilities will make sure you are comfortable at all times, before, during, and after the procedure.
Your dentist will numb the injection site so that not even the needle is felt and then numb the area of extraction generously so that you may experience some pressure, but shouldn’t experience any pain. Healing varies patient to patient, but after a tooth extraction, you’re able to go home that day and work the next.
Tooth removal before and after
Make sure to tell your dentist about all pre-existing health conditions prior to the extraction. Though having a tooth extracted is very safe, health complications such as heart problems and defects, major and minor surgeries, poor immune system health, liver disease, diabetes, and all prevalent health history as it may complicate or extend your treatment and recovery. To ensure a safe procedure, please share your medical history with your dentist.Tips to heal / alleviate any post-procedure pain from a tooth extraction:
- Take any medications as prescribed to you
- Avoid using a straw for at least 24 hours as you may develop a dry socket (bone and nerve exposure from unsealed extraction site leaving an “empty” looking socket) from the negative pressure
- Avoid smoking and drinking as this may extend your recovery period or cause a dry socket to form
- Brush and floss like normal, but avoid the area where the tooth was extracted
- Apply an ice pack to our cheek for 10 minutes at a time to reduce swelling/discomfort
- As you heal, slowly introduce foods to your diet. Within the first 24 hours you may want to limit your diet to soft foods
Apply gauze if bleeding occurs in the extraction site and hold until a blood clot forms
If after several days, symptoms such as fever, severe pain, dry socket, or pus are occurring, please contact our office.
Why a tooth extraction may be necessary
There are a number of reasons why someone may need to have a tooth extracted. The most common reason for removing a tooth is because it's badly damaged. This can happen from trauma or decay. If a tooth can be repaired, extraction is not necessary, so this procedure is considered a last resort.
Another reason why tooth removal procedures are performed is because the mouth is too crowded. If the patient is in need of braces, it's often necessary to remove a tooth (or multiple teeth) to make room for the other teeth to shift into alignment.
Infection also necessitates extraction of teeth. The pulp of the tooth is located on the inside, and it's full of blood vessels and nerves. Bacteria can enter the pulp of the tooth through a crack or hole in the enamel, causing an infection. Usually dentists will attempt to save the tooth by performing a root canal, but if the infection is so bad that antibiotics have little to no effect, the tooth has to be extracted.
Sometimes the risk of infection may motivate a dentist to perform an extraction. This is often the case when a patient's immune system is compromised. Examples would include a patient that is receiving cancer treatments like chemotherapy.
Patients with periodontal disease, which is a disease of the gums, may also require extractions if their teeth have loosened. Lastly, it may necessary to extract a tooth because it's become impacted. This commonly happens with wisdom teeth.
Wisdom teeth extractions
For some people, wisdom teeth become impacted when there is no room for them to grow into the mouth. This can happen in the top and bottom jaws. Extracting wisdom teeth is also done on an outpatient basis, but it's important to make sure you follow all of your urgent cares dentist's recommendations before the extraction take place. For example, you may need someone to drive you home after the extraction is performed.
At Dental Urgent Care, our professionally trained dental experts are well equipped to handle the removal of your wisdom teeth, and it will cost far less than having the surgery performed by your local dentist. For more information about Wisdom teeth extraction, contact us today.
Full service emergency dental care
If you're in pain and need a tooth extracted, we can get it done quickly and affordably. The same can be said for all of these other urgent care dental services that we offer:
- Affordable dentures
- 3D printed crowns on-site, while you wait
- Wisdom teeth extraction
- Root canals
- Care for abscessed teeth
- Dental bridges
If you have any questions about any of these services, please contact us today.
Trust a professional dentist from the United States
If you need a tooth removed, resolve the issue quickly with the trusted dentists at Dental Urgent Care. You can have confidence that your extraction will be done in a sterile environment by a highly trained professional dentist.